Como - [Circa 1870's]

Como was an old railroad town, and was named by Italian immigrants after Italy's Lake Como. The Denver, South Park & Pacific railroad reached this area in 1872, and a roundhouse was contructed in 1881.

By 1881, the town had around 500 residents, but in 1937 the last passenger train left Como for Denver. By 1940, Como began its decline into semi-ghost town status.

One of the remaining buildings at Como. Another building that is boarded up in Como. This building was pretty spooky looking.
One of the remaining buildings at Como. Another building that is boarded up in Como. This building was pretty spooky looking.
The town marker, with a modern building in the background. An outhouse that still remains on the main street. One of the main stores that existed in Como.
The town marker, with a modern building in the background. An outhouse that still remains on the main street. One of the main stores that existed in Como.